Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

hi lucy... thanks for ur reaspond. my court date is tommorrow

hi lucy... thanks for ur reaspond. my court date is tommorrow 10/24/2013 at 9 am. can i ask the judge abt my leave for two months

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

I'm sorry, but I don't see any other questions associated with your user ID. Can you give me a little more information about your situation? What is the court date for? What do you want to ask the judge about a leave?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
HI, I HAVE A 10 YR OLD DAUGHTER. MY EX AND I HAVE BEEN DIVORCED FOR 3 YR. I HVE NVA GOT CHILD SUPPORT FROM HIM. BT THE PAST JUNE I HAVE FILE A CASE ON HIM TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT. MY QUESTION IS NOW HE IS PALYING GAMES SAYING HE DOSENT WROK, CANT PAY ANYTHING, THE LAST TIME WE WAS IN COURT ASKING THE JUDGE FOR AN INTERPREATER. BT HE KNOW AND SPEACK ENGLISH FLUENT. I NEED HELP. MY ANOTHER QUESTION IS THAT I ALWAYS HAVE TO TAKE OFF FROM WORK AND HAVE SOMEONE TO TAKE CARE OF MY DAUGHTER. BT NOW I WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE IT TO COURT BECAUSE I HAVE A FAMILY PROBLEM. MY UNCLE IS IN A SERIOUS CONDITION AND I NEED 2 MONTHS OFF SO HOW CAN I ASK THE JUDGE TO GIVE ME TIME OFF
What is the purpose of the hearing tomorrow?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he says he cannot pay child support beacause he is not wroking at the moment. i have to take off from wrk every month just to appear at court. bt i cant do this no after tomorrow cuz im leaving to bangladesh. i was suppose to go with my parents this oct bt i had a court date

Thank you for clarifying that.

You will have to go to the hearing tomorrow, because it's too late to reschedule. However, you can tell the judge at the hearing that you will be out of the country for two months and ask him to reschedule the next hearing for after your return. It is much easier to make the request while standing in front of him than to try to have the court date moved later.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i will go tomorrow bt how do i ask the judge and do i have to write a letter or just say i have a statement to make..... thanks so much for helping me i was so nerous didnt even know that i made two payments on this website... i hope i didnt confused you??

When he goes to schedule the next hearing, you're allowed to say "Excuse me, your Honor!" to get his attention and explain that you won't be available for the next two months.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you