Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
20355756

My husband and I are finally at a point in our lives that we

My husband and I are finally at a point in our lives that we are able to fulfill our dream of having a baby by using a surrogate; her eggs and my husband's sperm and would be artificial insemination.We need a lawyer who can write up the legal "jargon" to help keep our surrogate and us as safe as possible.
Is there a lawyer out there in the Bemidji, MN area that could help us?
Thank You,
Susan Knutson

Hello there

-

If you are in the Minneapolis area, this particular attorney has had good results in the adoption and surrogacy legal areas (S. Born) -- http://www.adoptionlawyermn.com/ You are correct to want to do this with an attorney right from the very beginning of the matter because there are many issues that can complicate a surrogacy arrangement and you want to have a local attorney involved from the first moment you begin thinking about getting involved in this area of family law and adoption. If that situation/attorney does not work out for some reason, then your best bet is to speak with a family law referral service in your area and they can give you the names of several attorneys local to you who can handle these matters for you. Here is a referral service in NW MN with offices in your home town -- http://www.lawhelpmn.org/organization/bemidji-office-legal-services-northwest-minne

-

I hope that this helps and I wish you the best in all of this !!

-

MARY

-

Please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face below so I will be paid for my time. I am paid nothing unless you press a positive rating below. Doing so will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as a trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time in assisting you this evening. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!