Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues

My husband and I are finally at a point in our lives that we

My husband and I are finally at a point in our lives that we are able to fulfill our dream of having a baby by using a surrogate; her eggs and my husband's sperm and would be artificial insemination.We need a lawyer who can write up the legal "jargon" to help keep our surrogate and us as safe as possible.
Is there a lawyer out there in the Bemidji, MN area that could help us?
Thank You,
Susan Knutson

Hello there

If you are in the Minneapolis area, this particular attorney has had good results in the adoption and surrogacy legal areas (S. Born) -- You are correct to want to do this with an attorney right from the very beginning of the matter because there are many issues that can complicate a surrogacy arrangement and you want to have a local attorney involved from the first moment you begin thinking about getting involved in this area of family law and adoption. If that situation/attorney does not work out for some reason, then your best bet is to speak with a family law referral service in your area and they can give you the names of several attorneys local to you who can handle these matters for you. Here is a referral service in NW MN with offices in your home town --

I hope that this helps and I wish you the best in all of this !!

Please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face below so I will be paid for my time. I am paid nothing unless you press a positive rating below. Doing so will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as a trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time in assisting you this evening. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!