Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

We are planning to file for divorce in a state that is not

We are planning to file for divorce in a state that is not a community property state. Is there any problem with me using funds in my own account as I desire from now until the divorce is filed? We have always maintained our own accounts, none have ever been joint accounts.

Thank you for your question. My name is Ellen. I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Is there any problem with me using funds in my own account as I desire from now until the divorce is filed?
It is not improper to use funds in an account titled in your name until or unless a court orders otherwise. The fact that you intend to file for divorce does not impact the right to use your funds unless the court orders otherwise

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can