S. Huband, Esq.
S. Huband, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced, and knowledgeable family law attorney.
70026054

I have a durable power of attorney. sons visited a sick husband,

I have a durable power of attorney.
sons visited a sick husband, after this visit, he got a stroke, they are aggressive (psychological violence)
What should I do to limit the sons Contact with my husband
Thank you for the opportunity to assist you. I want to make sure I understand the facts so that I can give you the best answer. If any of the assumptions I've made below are wrong, please let me know the correct information:

1. You have durable power of attorney over your husband

2. You want to prohibit the sons from visiting your husband any more.

Question: Is this POA for every aspect of your husband's life, i.e. financial AND medical needs, or are there any limitations?

Thanks for your help. I'll answer you back as quickly as I can after I get your response.

Shuband
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Entire Durable Power of Attorney and Healt proxy.
Yes wants to forbid the children approach my husband,

Thanks for the clarification.

Based on what you've said, you can do anything your husband could do in terms of prohibiting contact between him and ANYONE in the universe. If HE wanted the sons to stay away, he could certainly prohibit them from coming to his house, to the hospital where he's located, or otherwise having contact through letters, phone calls, etc. Since you have a complete POA, you can do the same.

The first step is to send each son individually a certified letter, return receipt requested. Keep a copy of each letter you sent along with the receipt showing acceptance of the letter by the sons. This shows that the sons have notice. State in the letter that the son is prohibited from contacting your husband in any way and that each is forbidden from coming on the property where your husband is located.

If the sons come around and that property is a home, apartment, etc., call the police. Report to the police that you have forbidden them from having contact or coming on the property, that you sent each a letter, and that they have violated your instructions. Have a copy of the letter you sent ready as well as a copy of your POA.

If your husband is in a hospital, rehab, or long-term facility, speak to the hospital administrator or other designated person. Share with that person your concerns, have proof of your power of attorney ready, and show the person a copy of your letter forbidding each son from having contact. Ask the facility to call the police and to notify you if any of the sons tries to make contact with your husband.

You may also want to touch base with the regular personnel (i.e. nurses and other staff) who routinely interact with your husband and let them know that the sons are forbidden to have contact with your husband.

Hopefully the sons will get the message sooner than later and they will understand they cannot be around your husband any longer.

I hope my response has been helpful. If you have follow-up questions or concerns on this topic, please ask. Otherwise, please rate my answer positively so that I can receive credit for my work. Doing so will NOT cost you any additional fee.

Take care,
Shuband
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

And Understands that I have to write = help me if this will be fine
==============================================

I forbid you to RK-address - any Contact: personal, telephone conversations and correspondence with my husband.
Nk adreres.

If you do not follow my instructions - I - and every health care institution will notify the police.

Thanks for the update. I think you're on the right track. Try this on for size:

//---------------------------------------------------------
Date

Name of son
Address
City, State, Zip

RE: Future contact with (insert your husband's name)

Dear (Son's full name):

As you know, I have a durable power of attorney for (your husband's name). Due to recent events, I am writing to inform you that you are no longer permitted to have any contact in any form with (your husband's name) at any time in the future. Contact includes, but is not limited to, going on property where (your husband's name) is located, writing him, emailing him, contacting him by phone, and/or any other way you can think of to have contact.

Please be advised that if you attempt to go on the property where (your husband's name) is located or you try to have any contact whatsoever in any form with him at any time in the future, I will have no choice but to take any and all corrective action necessary which is available to me under the law.

Govern yourself accordingly.

Sincerely,
(Insert your name).

Thanks again for the opportunity to assist you.
Shuband
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I pay you, do you write me the correct form of the letter? husband is now on rehabilitation in Norsing home after stroke

Thanks for the update.

The way I and other experts receive credit is by your rating my service. If you believe my service has been excellent, then once you enter a positive rating I am credited with working on your question.

You can simply copy and paste the text above in my previous post to use as the basis for your letter. If you need additional assistance, I will do my best to help you.

Best wishes,
Shuband
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, I will be try.

Hello again,

I was notified that you rated the answer I gave positively, and I am very pleased and gratified that I was able to help you. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX matter(s) we discussed turn out well for you.

Please ask for me in the future if you have additional questions or concerns. Thank you very much for the opportunity to assist you.

Take care,
Shuband
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Husband is in NH for rehabilitation,
Tell me how to write a letter to the administration, that do not have to inform anyone about , that husbands is in this place,
Including family, friends and acquaintances.
I decide who can see my husband.
After a recent visit to NH. husband had a stroke, and now is in a different place

Thank you for the update. Unfortunately, I am away from my computer right now, but I'll respond back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience.

Shuband
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Husband is in NH for rehabilitation,
I decide who can see my husband.

Thanks again for your patience. I got stuck in court most of the day and I was not able to get to a computer until recently.

See if the language below is to your liking:

//-----------------------------------------------------------

Date

Name of Administrator
Name of Facility
Address
City, State, Zip

Dear Name of Administrator:

As you know, I am the sole power of attorney for all decisions concerning my husband, (your husband's name.) Recently I have had concerns regarding my husband being visited by (names of sons) and others. My concern is that these visits have negatively impacted my husband's health.

Thus, as power of attorney, I am writing to inform you and your facility that I do not wish for any person other than myself or necessary medical personnel to visit with my husband without my prior express permission. Please make this clear to your facility staff.

Thank you for your assistance. Please contact me if you have questions or concerns.

Very truly yours,
Your name

Your contact information.

//-------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this letter helps you. Please let me know if you have follow up questions or if I can help you further.

Best wishes,
Shuband

I was notified that you rated the answer I gave positively and that you generously applied a bonus payment for my efforts. Thank you so much. I am very pleased and gratified that I was able to help you. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX matter(s) we discussed turn out well for you.

Please ask for me in the future if you have additional questions or concerns. Again, thank you very much for the opportunity to assist you.

Take care,
Shuband
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

These are the brothers they working together, one picked up my registered letter ,and I received an acknowledgment - the other is not answered.
What's in this situation, I have to do?
This applies to my first question.
.

Thanks for the update.

Q) What's in this situation, I have to do?

The brother who picked up the letter now has notice of the fact he should not visit or have contact with your husband. You can use the receipt you have that the brother picked up the letter to prove that he had notice, if you have to call the police.

As for the other brother, you cannot force him to pick up the letter. However, you have proof that you sent the letter to him, and that should help if you have to call the police on him, as well. Once the police are called, they will "officially" inform him that he should not have further contact with or otherwise visit your husband.

Best wishes,
Shuband
Hello again,

I was notified that you rated the answer I gave positively, and I am very pleased and gratified that I was able to help you. I sincerely hope the matter(s) we discussed turn out well for you.

Take care,
Shuband