How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27010
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently pregnant and will not be able to drive my child

This answer was rated:

I am currently pregnant and will not be able to drive my child to and from father's house for visitation as ordered by the courts. The doctor has told me because of previous medical complications I will have go through surgery to sustain pregnancy and to be on bed rest as early as 15 weeks until after I give birth and recover from c-section. It's the only thing they can do to maintain pregnancy for me. I cannot find anyone willing to do it for me based on how he has treated them in the past (my parents, siblings, my fiancee) and everyone's work schedule is not conducive to dropping off and picking up every week. They will probably cause more harm then good because of how they feel of him. My ex drives a company vehicle and does not have a personal car. When he goes to work past my house he will drop our son off to be because he can justify the mileage for work. I don't have an issue being responsible but will the court force someone I know to do it if I medically cannot? What is a possible solution?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

I suggest you will need to talk to the Father and explain the situation and see if he has family or friends who can do it for you.

If not, then I suggest you explain to your family and friends how imperative it is that they put the past behind them and help out here or you will face Contempt of Court charges.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I go back to court and ask for a modification for the time period that I am pregnant and recovering? It's a medical reason. If I could I would but dad has driven that vehicle back and forth as a personal vehicle. He says he can't because he doesn't want to take on responsibility. How can I face contempt if I can't find anyone to help me on my side, dad is saying too bad, and my doc is saying do not drive? I am stuck between a rock and a hard place with the only solution is risking my pregnancy/health to comply with the courts.


Yes, you may file a Modification. However, I suggest that the court is going to weigh the best interest of the child not seeing the Father for that period of time and the best interest of the child is always the court's standard.

The court is not going to want to disrupt a bonding relationship the child has with the Father and so that is why I did not discuss that. I suggest you can go and file, however. But it is my experience that the court will say you have to find a way.

Samuel II and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions