LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

I allowed my 18 year old daughter to move from AZ to Alabama

I allowed my 18 year old daughter to move from AZ to Alabama over the summer because she wanted to finish High school and had found a job over there. I have sole custody of Her In AZ but that is expired because she reached the age of Majority...I had her for 5 years and requested and was approved that I would take no support from her Mother.....Her Mother now that my adult Daughter is living with her has petitioned Alabama for Child support
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 10 months ago.

Hello Chris,

My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney and am very happy to try and answer your question today. I am genuinely sorry for your circumstances and sincerely XXXXX XXXXX works out.

Here is how this works. The law does allow for child support until the child attains the age of 19, pursuant to Code of Alabama § 26-1-1. Beyond the age of 19, child support obligation may also be imposed if the child attends college, pursuant to Ex Parte Bayliss, 550 So. 2d 1038 (1989) and Code of Alabama § 30-3-1. Now, that is what the law provides, but the final decision rests with the Court. I really wish the news had been different, and sometimes I personally disagree with the law, but I felt you deserved to receive an honest and accurate answer.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me. I will be sure to check back for any further word from you when I am again working online in this forum.

I truly hope all works out for you and that the information I have provided proves useful. Thanks so much for using this service!

Take care,

Ben, J.D.

LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience: Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Hello Chris,

I enjoyed working with you recently.

How are things going?

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please just let me know.

Thanks!

Ben, J.D.