Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

my boyyfriend and i were never married...in April he filed

my boyyfriend and i were never married...in April he filed for Allocation of Parental Rights and is dragging his feet b/c he doesn't want to pay child support. He rufuses to help me with money, I have even reached out to his father for help with no reply. I am drowning and having to pay for everything for my son. I am from Arkansas and my whole family is back there wanting me there to help and support me. I have no one here is Colorado to help and when i ask for help from him he will ignore me or it will be a two day fight and I still don't get the help i need. Can i move to Arkansas legal with no reporcussions at this point? No custody order has been in place but he has filed but like i said is dragging his feet b/c of the money. I need help now!! What is my legal right of moving out of state. we were never married...

Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
I am sorry to hear that the father is not taking his parental obligations very seriously...
.
Can i move to Arkansas legal with no reporcussions at this point? No custody order has been in place but he has filed but like i said is dragging his feet b/c of the money
.
At this point, even though the father has started the process, if there is no legal custody order in place that puts any restrictions on your moving, then yes, you can move at any time. Only if there was a custody order in place would you be prohibited from moving out of state with the child. This is because in every standard custody order, there is a clause that states the custodial parent can't move out of state with the child without permission from either the court or the other parent.
.
So if you are going to move, now would be the time because if you wait for an order to be put in place, you will have to go back and ask the court if the father won't agree.
.
.
Thanks