GeorgetownLawyr
GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti
46665915

well what are my chances of being able to keep the vehicle

well what are my chances of being able to keep the vehicle that he bought me as a marital gift when the marriage has been determined to be fraudulent because he is impotent and this was not disclosed prior to marriage?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for you to ask any additional questions you may have if you feel the question has not been answered. Also, IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger, I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

will you be able to pay off the loan or re-finance it in your own name?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am unemployed but will know tomorrow if I am accepted for position I interviewed with today.

Typically marital gifts don't have to be returned but if you are going to try to annul the marriage, I don't honestly know how the court will rule on the vehicle. If it is a part of the fraud, you may have to give it back or if you cannot pay for it on your own you may have to give it back. If you just file for divorce, you have a better chance of keeping marital gifts without the "fraud" issue covering them as well. I hope this helps clarify.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law or whether you dislike the answer) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. If you feel I have not earned a positive rating, please give me a chance to do so. Keep in mind even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just make sure you type: To Georgetown Lawyer on the subject line. Thank you!

GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Experience: Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti