Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

my lady friend is devorced and still work.She is 70 years old.Her

my lady friend is devorced and still work.She is 70 years old.Her former husband is disable and get social security and medicare.If his medical needs require a nursing home and exceeds his benifits is his devorced wife liable for the excess cost for four year from the date of the divorce.

Thank you for your question. My name is Ellen. I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

No a divorced wife would not be liable for the former spouses medical bills UNLESS she signed a contract agreeing to be liable

Divorce severs all financial ties other than those stated by agreement or court order

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can