Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

I am looking to get a divorce in California. I am a US citizen

I am looking to get a divorce in California. I am a US citizen and have been a resident in CA since 2002, however, in the last 3 months I have been travelling around and have probably only spent 1 month in CA. I have a house in Europe where I have spent 6 weeks and the rest of the time in other places. Since my house in CA is actually rented out, would I still qualify as a resident for the purposes of being able to apply for the divorce? My children were born in CA and lived there until 3 months ago where they now live in Europe. I still have 2 cars in CA and I am paying car insurance there as well as a cell phone etc. My spouse, from whom I am seeking a dissolution of marriage, put me down as a resident in Europe as of June 1st. ( I did not actually arrive in Europe until the end of June). I have a business address in CA, although I primarily work out of state.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

The answer is as long as you can show that you have a residency in CA for instance with a driver's license or tax bill, etc, then you are qualified as a resident and eligible to file in CA.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated..