How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 112649
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please refer to my first Question to you for background on

This answer was rated:

Please refer to my first Question to you for background on this case. Your advice worked and we got a new trial. This case is in Florida and I know you don't practice there, but I asked our Attorney to prepare his pretrial info to Judge to include all witnesses and EVIDENCE, at minimum, list it all in his opening statement to at least get it on record. The first time , having so much evidence and testimony even the Attormey said this was a slam dunk. It was , just not our way. After asking for all evidence to be listed in pretrial or entered a list on our attorneys statement his response was"The rules do not allow for summary presentation, u will have to present ur case thru testimony , he wants to hear what u have to say, that's great if we get to talk this time. He also said, Judge knows she's an alcoholic . """" Great but case is set for 3 pm and I am afraid this will be another rush. I would switch Attormeys but no time and we are to deep with this one. If he allows the same thing to happen again , I maybe can't appeal on unentered evidence as proof, but I think I can argue legal misrepresentation. BUT I DON'T WANT THAT, just my granddaughter safe. Last time we had no court reporter, so not even sure what went on , I have argued with my entire family we need a court reporter. Judges can see what they said , where as I have seen one in another case , no court reporter I can't remember what I said, we start over!! So, I want one, plus we know what went on , what was said and what our attorney did or not do. My family says it will upset our Attormey to ask for one and might upset judge. I showed them proof how's my cases have court reporters and Attorneys and Judges are use to them and don't mind. They respond , Judge knows now she is a drinker, I am not sure how Judge knows but what my attorney emailed me this morning included in the quotes in sentences i sent u above from his email this morning, I want a Court reporter my family is worried it will offend our attorney to ask for one or offend judge. This is all tomorrow so if I am going to ask our attorney for reporter , I need to do today, or I could just hire one myself but would rather Attorney do. What do you think? See details in my first question to you and respond ASAP. Need a court reporter? OurAttorneys feelings us asking for one? Judges response to one. Answer as you would think. ASAP. THANKS
Thank you for your response and it is good you got a new hearing.

Your attorney is right in that the court will not allow summary presentation of evidence, they want to hear testimony and it is up to your attorney to make sure that witnesses are present and testimony is taken and that your attorney properly questions your witnesses.

You should ask for a court reporter if you want a transcript made of the proceeding.

You should trust your attorney on this case, that is why you have one, but you need to just keep asking them to put on your witnesses to prove your side of the case to get the judge swayed to your favor. It is up to your attorney to do that by presenting witnesses and evidence.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions