Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My sons father agreed to let me move to begin with 2 years

My sons father agreed to let me move to begin with 2 years ago....doesnt that speak volumes for the type of mother that i am and that he trusted me to begin with? It seems that he found his only ammo to try to gain custody and it worked in his favor. My fiance has never caused any harm to any child. Like I sai, he has only the on encounter with the 15 year old girl...she herself even testified that it was consentual sexual intercourse.
Thank you for requesting me.

Do you have proof of him agreeing to it? Such as an email, text, etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We went to court regarding it...he never tried to fight me on it, we just went infront of the judge to have everything done through the courts and have it documented that we had come to an agreement. I proposed what I felt was best, XXXXX XXXXX to it and we both adhered to our end of the agreement for two years. So no text or email, but we did go through the court.

Thank you, J.

The problem is that the Court can decide what is "in the best interest of the child" disregarding the parent. So even if he had expressed an okay NOW, the Court may deny it.

But anyhow, his original acceptance of the matter DOES help you as one can argue, "See, even he did not think it was that bad," but it is not a "smoking gun" which can overturn the decision and in the end, it would still be up to the judge and the best interest of the child doctrine, which includes showing that your fiance is not a danger. I know, ludicrous. I am sorry. Unfortunately, the system is far from perfect.

Gentle Reminder: Again, surely you prefer that I be honest in my answer – please remember that rating negatively due to receiving bad news still hurts the expert – it is simply the way that the system is set up. Please use REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. (You may always ask follow ups free after rating.)