Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Cookeville TN Custody awarded to remarried father of 6 yr

Cookeville TN
Custody awarded to remarried father of 6 yr old boy. Mother had custody for child's firstXXXXXawarded primary parental custody to father removing child from mothers home
Mother has visitation every other weekend for two days and must travel 3 hrs to pickup child. Father has violent documented history and mother is seeking to file appeal for primary custody. Mothers attorney ineptly presented significant information both written and video depicting abuse of child. Mother wishes to file appeal to allow new attorney to present factual evidence against father to allow court to accurately determine primary parental placement in best interest of child
How does she file appeal?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney in Tennessee. Thanks for requesting me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So where are answers?

In order to appeal, you will have to file a notice of appeal with the trial court within 30 days of the entry of the order. Here's a link to the rule:

Once the notice of appeal is filed, the case will be sent to the appellate court for review. The appellate court will issue a scheduling order that outlines the briefing deadlines for both parties.

The brief will contain your argument as to why the trial court's decision was not in the best interest of the child and that it should be overruled. The brief outlines the facts and the law that applies to your case. Then, the appeals court will rule on the matter.

However, the first step is to file your notice of appeal. You should see an attorney ASAP about getting your notice filed.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.