GeorgetownLawyr
GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti
46665915

In CA looking for a lawyer to assist with an adoption reversal

In CA looking for a lawyer to assist with an adoption reversal (or at least help us understand our options). Twins placed in home 2/2008 finalized 9/2008 Foster-Adopt - currently in a boys home due the extreme Reactive Attachment Disorder - do not thrive in our home - deemed a failed adoption by psychiatrist an their therapists.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

You are the adoptive parent?

Are the biological parents willing to take the children back?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I will rate you and understand you are only the messenger. What additional information do you need from me at this time?

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX asked:

You are the adoptive parent?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

We are the adoptive parents

I also asked if the biological parents are willing to take the children back?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No they were adopted through Foster Care

Ok, thank you for the information. Reversing an adoption after it has been finalized is called dissolution, and it is difficult. To reverse an adoption, you must petition the court that finalized the adoption for a court order dissolving the adoption. Your petition may be denied - courts will only reverse an adoption when it is in the "best interests of the child." Even if the adoption is dissolved, courts in some states may require you to pay child support until the child either turns 18 or is adopted by someone else. You can find a local lawyer who specializes in adoption reversal on the CA bar website at http://www.californiaattorneyreferral.com/ I hope this helps clarify.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just make sure you type: FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER on the subject line. Thank you!

GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Experience: Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti