LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

What expenses are included in the SUNY CAP? My agreements

What expenses are included in the SUNY CAP? My agreements calls for us to split the costs of a SUNY Education.

Good afternoon Anne,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

SUNY CAP is actually the name of an organization, the purpose of which is to maintain a system of professional communication and dialogue among admissions professionals.

1. Are you asking what college expenses are expected to be provided by a parent of a student attending the State University of New York (SUNY)?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That is correct? My court order states that my ex are to provide a SUNY Education at the nearest SUNY college. I was told that included everything, not just tuition.

Good afternoon Anne,

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

You are absolutely correct. When NY courts order that educational expenses are to be paid by the parents---or a certain percentage is to be paid, those expenses include everything from tuition, to room, board, mandatory fees, books, and travel expenses, parking fees and class participation fees expenses. Essentially, everything that would be normally provided at home for the child by the custodial parent, plus the expenses of tuition are included when the court orders the payment of educational expenses at a SUNY campus.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I wish you the best in your future,

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Anne. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have, or simply ask for me by name in the first sentence of your new question:

Thanks again.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It would be tremendously appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. You just made to high school seniors very happy!