How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16581
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daughter (9 y/o)said her stepfather and mother hit her. What

This answer was rated:

my daughter (9 y/o)said her stepfather and mother hit her.
What I should do?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Did the court order and establish child custody for your daughter?

What type of custody if any did the court establish?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have her physical and legal custody


Thank you for your follow up.

Did your daughter have any type of bruising or any other signs of any physical abuse or beatings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, but she said it happened in the park

Thank you for your follow up.

Does the child reside with your or the mother?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

With me, I told you I have physical and legal custody

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What happened I already replied

Thank you for your follow up.

It is always a good idea to document any child abuse that is being alleged by your daughter to be perpertrated by the mother and stepfather and to report this information to the police and state child protective services so it can be further investigated.

Upon this child abuse information being reported, police and state CPS will conduct an investigation and if it is discovered that the mother or the stepfather are engaging in any type of child abuse, the CPS will take proper action and mother's custody and/or visitation rights can be restricted and/or terminated, depending on the seriousness of the discovered child abuse.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Alex J. Esq. and 8 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Do you have any related follow up questions for me?

Related Family Law Questions