How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31657
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother in law has retained temporary custody of her granddaughter.

This answer was rated:

My mother in law has retained temporary custody of her granddaughter. She is going for permanent custody. Currently there are no child support arrangements. My soon to be ex wife/her daughter is still receiving the child support as if she had custody. What can she do to reroute this?

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Kirk Adams : Your mother would have to file a motion to modify the child support order and ask the court to order that the money be paid over to her as long as she's the custodian/guardian of the child.
Kirk Adams : The judge can then enter an order that child support be paid to her as long as she has custody.
Kirk Adams : Thanks for your question, and if you need anything further, please do not hesitate to ask.
Roger and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions