Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My mother in law has retained temporary custody of her granddaughter.

My mother in law has retained temporary custody of her granddaughter. She is going for permanent custody. Currently there are no child support arrangements. My soon to be ex wife/her daughter is still receiving the child support as if she had custody. What can she do to reroute this?

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Kirk Adams : Your mother would have to file a motion to modify the child support order and ask the court to order that the money be paid over to her as long as she's the custodian/guardian of the child.
Kirk Adams : The judge can then enter an order that child support be paid to her as long as she has custody.
Kirk Adams : Thanks for your question, and if you need anything further, please do not hesitate to ask.