Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I just got remarried and moved into my husbands house. His

I just got remarried and moved into my husband's house. His parents are on the deed to his house. Joint tenancy with right of survivorship. They don't approve of me because of our religious differences. My question is.... Do they have the right to come into our house whenever they wish because they are on the deed? They believe they can do this because his Father's name is XXXXX XXXXX deed.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: No, they cannot. Even if their names are XXXXX XXXXX deed, they need to respect your privacy. Also and more importantly, you and your husband are in legal possession of the property because you live there. So, your parents-in-law must give reasonable notice before showing up.