Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I filed for divorce in 2007 and reconciled with my spouse in

I filed for divorce in 2007 and reconciled with my spouse in 2009. Our attorneys withdrew from teh case and there was no action in the case. Now, I want to finalize the divorce. Can i do so with the same case? I called the court that was handling my case but they indicated that the case was sent to archives. I am unsure what that really means. Can I file a judgment in my case or is it too late? Do i have to refile?
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: You need to refile the case. The case you filed back in 2007 is now obsolete. You need to create a new record. If you want of file by yourself, then you can use the self-help center. Otherwise, you can use the following sites to find local divorce Attorneys if your previous divorce Attorney is no longer available to assist you:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Self-help Center