Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

Hi, Me and Wife are married in Egypt, she is American so

Me and Wife are married in Egypt, she is American so when she left to XXXXX she changed her name to carry my family name. Now the problem when she comes to Egypt she has a different passport name. How can she get a proof of name change that says that Sun Gresham is Sun elZaben

Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

Why doesn't she just get a new passport with her married name? That proved sher identity as your spouse.

Judith

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is exactly the problem, she came here with passport name Sun Gresham and married here with that name and now she has a passport with my ffamily name Sun Elzaben ... In Egypt that is considered a different person than the one I married, so that they are requesting an official paper saying that Sun Gresham changed her name to Sun Elzaben upon marriage ... Where can she get such paper.

Thank you in advance.

This is not a question about her passport or immigration, it is a family law question and I will ask that it is moved to that category. No need to respond, it will delay to process.

Judith

Thank you for your question. I am a family law professonal here at JustAnswer. Please allow me to assist you.

When (how long ago) were you married, and were you married in the US or in Egypt? Please advise!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We were married in Egypt Dec 2012 with her old name before changing it. Egypt law doesn't have the system of women carrying their husband's name which is different than that in America so to they are asking me a paper saying that Sun Gresham changed her name to Sun Elzaben upon marriage and I don't know where to get that - Thank you

Thank you for your follow-up.

I am suspecting your wife would need a formal name change. Has she maintained her residence in the US or has she lived with you in Egypt once you were married?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We already have a joint house property @ Las Vegas

Thank you for your follow-up.

That is great. What your wife would need to do is contact the local courthouse and speak to the clerk. She would need to request a 'name change' form, fill it out, and file it. She would then need to get a hearing with the judge and formally request that the name be changed to reflect her married name, and a formal letter form the judge establishing that the identity of one name and the other name is XXXXX XXXXX is based on the same person. Once the judge signs it, she would be able to show that letter to customs and they would be able to allow her into the country without further difficulty.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience: I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi thanks for your support. So I should be doing that via a local "Family" court or just any legal court.

Thanks again.