ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Need to know if Child support payments cover kids clothing,

Need to know if Child support payments cover kids clothing, and school supplies

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

Absolutely. Child support covers the "necessities". Food, housing, clothing, school supplies, etc... are all necessities. These are not "luxuries" and are not "optional" (such as extracurricular activities, etc...). The necessities are covered by child support, except to the extent that the parents agree otherwise in a settlement agreement.

ScottyMacEsq :

I don't know of any court in the nation that says that these things are not covered by child support.

ScottyMacEsq :

And if it were to go to court, the judge would almost certainly say that it was going ot be covered.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!