Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney

7 years ago my stepdaughter was told that my husband is her

7 years ago my stepdaughter was told that my husband is her father...she is now 48 years old. We did have a DNA test done and he is her father. For 41 years she thought the man who raised her and was married to her mother was indeed her father...lets call him Tom. Tom knew full well that my stepdaughter was not his biological daughter since her birth and that my husband was her father. He is now asking us for child support for the first 18 years of her life. Does he have legal grounds? We all live in Wisconsin and have since she was born.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Tom would have ABSLOLUTELY no legal grounds to pursue any type of compensation or child support under the current law of Wisconsin and it does appear that Tom is in fact harassing you and trying to extort money from you without any legal grounds whatsoever and I would suggest that you have a certified letter send to him demanding for him to cease and desist any and all contact with you and if he continues you can report this illegal harassment and extortion to the local police.

I wish you the best of luck!