FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

With respect to a ex boyfriend of my daughters, at what point

With respect to a ex boyfriend of my daughter's, at what point does (or did) the lies, manipulation and sexually coercive behavior inflict so much emotional distress as to become actionable?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. In order to support a claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress, the claimant doe not have to show an impact but must prove that (1) the conduct was intentional or reckless; (2) the conduct was extreme and outrageous; (3) there is a causal relationship between the wrongful conduct and the emotional distress; and (4) the emotional distress is severe. The conduct must be so extreme in degree as to go beyond all reasonable bounds of decency and to be regarded as atrocious and utterly intolerable in a civilized community. With those being the elements to support a claim, she would have to show his actions amounted to this. She likely would need to have documentation of what he did and the distress she suffered as a result.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provide