Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

My husband is in Lackawanna Co. jail because while he was extremely

My husband is in Lackawanna Co. jail because while he was extremely drunk, he held a loaded and cocked 10mm gun to mine and my 17 son (will be 18 this October) head. The police charged him with Aggravated Assault and Terroristic Threats. I want nothing from him - I just want out. Can I get a divorce without his consent and just have him served? I'm sure he'll be doing some jail time because I am not dropping any charges.

Welcome and thank you for your question I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

I am sorry to hear of this matter for you and your son and I am glad to hear that you are safe and sound.

Yes, you may file for a divorce based on "Cruel and Barbarous" as treatment as your husband has put you in a situation that put your life and health at risk