Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am try to find out more in detail is the judge going to

I am try to find out more in detail
is the judge going to asking the defendant what they willing to offer, or ask plaintiff what he willing to accept. which one will be first
If the offer was rejected at the court, can it be accept at the later time
thank you
Hello and thank you for requesting me.

You mean for the Mandatory Settlement Conference? First of all, the mediator is likely not even going to be a Judge, but another individual.

The individual can run the settlement conference in any way they see fit, but normally it is a mediation-type matter. This means you lay out your demands, the other party lays out theirs, and then you attempt to come to an agreement.

If the offer is rejected, then it may always be accepted at a later time if the parties come to agreement. Until the jury (if a jury trial) announces their verdict or the judge (if a bench trial) makes a decision, the parties may always come to an agreement during the trial...

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.