Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

what is Mandatory Settlement Conference?

Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

The Mandatory Settlement Conference is a time to try to settle your case. Expect a volunteer (normally a retired Judge) to sit the two of you down and to negotiate a settlement of the dispute, but without making any decisions or orders in the case. If it is successful, then the matter is settled. If not, trial is then normally within a few days. It is a "last ditch" effort to settle the matter. The Mandatory Settlement Conference is at no charge to you. Both parties are expected to give good faith effort to settle, but do not have to agree to any terms that they do not want.

I hope this helps and clarifies.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.