How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 112774
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am married to a army soldier. We have orders to be at fort

This answer was rated:

I am married to a army soldier. We have orders to be at fort carson colorado. I have a daughter from a previous relationship. We have a relocation court hearing scheduled. There was never a court ordered visitiation, there was never any child support paid. I left on the advice of an attorney to CO. I was there 10 days when I was court ordered back to FL. What are my rights on relocation due to the fact im married to a soldier? Do his orders apply to me also, can I tell the judge "we" are court ordered to relocate?????
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Your husband's orders do not apply to you as well, however, the courts consider military orders of a spouse as good cause for allowing a child to be moved out of state. The fact that no child support has been paid to you and there is no court ordered visitation are also in your favor on the court allowing you to move to CO with the child to be with your husband. The orders are just proof of your good cause reason as to why moving the child out of state should be allowed by the court.

You cannot tell the judge you were ordered to relocate though, that would anger the court. You need to present evidence that there has been no visitation, the father has paid no child support AND your husband had orders and it was good cause to move to CO with the child to be with your husband who was under orders.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions