Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by West

Grandson age 4. Son has shared custody with the mother. One

Grandson age 4. Son has shared custody with the mother. One week each. Holidays, birthdays designated court assigned.
Mother has no common sense. Child had MRSA as a baby, had operations. Oh, this was when she left the state and hid him from the dad. Medical records confirm MRSA.
He's a carrier.
Yesterday the mother brought him back for custody exchange late. Said they were at the "lake."
Stupid mother has 4 yr old swimming in a freshwater lake where temps have been record breaking all summer. Yesterday's temp was 88 high, low, 75. We asked him if he went underwater. Yes, and he wore his goggles. This is so dangerous. Should we report her to DCF? Children have died because of this amoba! His nose is stuffed up since he's been back yet no other symptoms. Should we take him to pediatrician and report ? Please advise. This mother is so stupid! I took him to our pool/clubhouse today and asked him to show me how he was swimming at the lake. I'm just floored with her this mother's lack of concern.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

I think the first thing to do is to take the child to the pediatrician and find out whether or not what occurred is extremely dangerous or unreasonably dangerous given the previous medical conditions with the child. IF the doctor's opinion is that it is unreasonably dangerous, then reporting the activity to child services would likely be warranted.

Child Services would likely investigate and inform the mother to consult the pediatrician when engaging in these activities in the future. IF the mother disregards XXXXX XXXXX the future, child services can again be contacted, and the father could seek to change her visitation/custody rights due to her lack of concern.

Roger, Attorney
Experience: BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by West
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Kirk,

Grandma of 4 yr old took him to pediatrician yesterday. Ordered lab work and is going to call the mother to warn her of dangers.

If Mother gives Dr K any problems or attitude, we're calling DCF. Child is court ordered to spend Labor Day with the mother. I'm sure she will be back at the lake. She text my son the dad that he swims in the lake , they dunk him under. Complete details of their "outings." No regard to the danger. I shared this w/ Dr K. How would a judge look at this mother? To me, she's stupid!

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.
If she acts in direct contravention to what the doctor says, then the judge certainly could find that the mother is being reckless and could really cause harm to the child. Based on this, the judge could change custody and visitation - - at least temporarily.
Roger, Attorney
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you ! She's not in good standing with the court system anyway. Vanished with the baby at 9 mo for 1 1/2 years.