Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

LLC Naming Question Part 2 - Paul, some people said that the

LLC Naming Question Part 2 - Paul, some people said that the name that I have chosen for my business which is "The Dove Group, LLC" which has significance to me is too general. Here's my question/statement to you, "I have left in somewhat generic on purpose. I could call it the The Dove Real Estate Group or the The Dove INvestment Group but I left generic because I am working on other side things. For example, I have been working on / investing in a product for years, it's a watercraft. I was thinking early on for administrative and tax purposes that expenses associated with working on the watercraft would be handled under the company, "The Dove Group". If I got more detailed like "The Dove Real Estate Group" it would almost seem questionable to be putting product development expenses under that. Does that make sense? Thanks, Andy
Thank you for your new question.

People are telling you this do not know what they are talking about legally and they are just giving uneducated opinions. I would not make it more specific if you want to use if for multiple purposes. You can name your LLC anything you want to name it and the Dove Group is fine and listening to people who do not know much better and just go off of what they think they heard or only know half the story about is just going to make you crazy.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.