AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide

My wifes middle name misspelled on our marriage license. Didnt

My wife's middle name misspelled on our marriage license. Didn't notice it before. Now I'm filing for divorce. What shall I do?

AttyCBradford :

You can still proceed with the divorce as this minor error is easily explainable and not at issue in the dissolution unless your wife is going to claim that she is not the one who married you which is unlikely

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation! I strongly suggest that you consult with a local attorney in your area on this matter. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed.

Shall I spell her name on the "original petition for divorce" the same way then?