Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

My daughter was assaulted by 2 11 year old classmates. They

My daughter was assaulted by 2 11 year old classmates. They were brought before a juvenile review board as an alternative to court. They had to admit guilt as a condition. The actions of the review board are confidential, so we don't know what if any conditions were handed down. My husband has told the story of what happened to my daughter, with names, to many people around town. Could we be sued for talking about the incident?

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

I am sorry to hear of this situation for your daughter.

As long as only the Facts are being told and there was no order by a court to not talk about any of the incidents, then while there can be a lawsuit - because people can sue for anything - I suggest there would not be a case that the courts would find any defamation. Defamation is the dissemination of lies as if they are true with an intent to harm someone's reputation