Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

I am a 20 y/o college student. My parents are divorced and

I am a 20 y/o college student. My parents are divorced and have a divorce decree. In the decree it states my father is responsible for all college costs/tuition/housing for four years if I maintain a 2.0 average.
He wants me to take out student loans to pay for some of the costs. Will he eventually have to pay back the loans or will I be responsible for them? We have both signed on for the loan as well.

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Who is the primary loan holder? Whose name is XXXXX XXXXX the loan? Yours, right?

Then you are responsible. But if you cannot and do not pay, then they will go after your Father for the repayment.

So in essence, it is your Father's liability