Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

A and B are separated living in same building, but separate

A and B are separated living in same building, but separate apartment for about 2-3 years. A still live in condo. that purchased after married. B pays A'sbills and living expensive. A and B some times get together taking dog out or spend time in each others apt., not sexual.

I just found out that B is not paying credit card that A uses for living expenses in full, paying only interest. The credit card own by B.

A is worry that debt goes to A incase of divorce. A ans B has postnup ( with bothe lawyers ) that said all account and dept are 50-50.

Who is responsible for dept for this credt card?

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

That debt will be split as per the pre nup 50/50 unless A can show that B used the card for own use and gain and that A never had the benefit of any of that debt
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Card is used for A's living expense for foods, clothe, dog foods and decoration ( A and B trying to sale condo ), just living expenses.

A and B are not legally separated ( not asked for court ), B moved out by B's choice. B is solely financial provider, A has never been worked since married, nor even before marriage, for 18 years.

It is a joint debt regardless and if A has not worked then her share of any proceeds from the sale of the condo or other asset settlement will be applied to her share of the debt

My answer does not change.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm a bit confused. You are saying, It is joint dept and 50-50 correct?

Correct. 50/50