How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31226
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As grandparents who live in Pennsylvania and are denied contact

This answer was rated:

As grandparents who live in Pennsylvania and are denied contact by our daughter-in-law with our grandchildren who live in Ohio do we have any rights?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for using JA! Ill be glad to assist.

Ohio has authorized grandparent visitation rights by statute in three circumstances:

(1) when married parents terminate their marriage or separate;
(2) when a parent of a child is deceased; and
(3) when the child is born to an unmarried woman.

In these cases, a court may order reasonable visitation if it is in the best interest of the child. Here's a good link you can read:

If any of these situations apply, then you can request visitation. Otherwise, you wouldn't have a legal right to seek visitation. Instead, the parents would be entitled to make the decision as to whether or not grandparents can exercise visitation.
Roger and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions