Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

As grandparents who live in Pennsylvania and are denied contact

As grandparents who live in Pennsylvania and are denied contact by our daughter-in-law with our grandchildren who live in Ohio do we have any rights?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for using JA! Ill be glad to assist.

Ohio has authorized grandparent visitation rights by statute in three circumstances:

(1) when married parents terminate their marriage or separate;
(2) when a parent of a child is deceased; and
(3) when the child is born to an unmarried woman.

In these cases, a court may order reasonable visitation if it is in the best interest of the child. Here's a good link you can read:

If any of these situations apply, then you can request visitation. Otherwise, you wouldn't have a legal right to seek visitation. Instead, the parents would be entitled to make the decision as to whether or not grandparents can exercise visitation.