How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LadyLawyer12 Your Own Question
LadyLawyer12, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 87
Experience:  Attorney with over 9 years experience in the practice of law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LadyLawyer12 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How are you today. Here is my situation, I know this girl

This answer was rated:

Hello how are you today.
Here is my situation, I know this girl and she is crazy. I ended up having intercourse with her with a condom on and checked it and it wasn't broken. I stopped talking to her and that's when the calls started. She said she was pregnant. Then she said she wanted an abortion, took the pills from a women's health center and it didn't work. I don't no if this girl is lying or not but she is very sick in the head and loves with me. Then she keeps saying she keeps saying she's going to get an abortion then not every time I drive her something comes up. Now she says she wants it. I honestly never seen a paper or anything else that any of this is true. I an a good person that I guess mad a mistake by using a condom or letting this person in my life. I want to know if this is true and its mine if I can give up legal rights and responsibilities. I don't want this girl in my life she's is very very sick in the head.

In the state of New York, you can not voluntarily terminate your paternal rights. However, if the child is placed in foster care, you can agree to surrender your rights so that the child can be adopted.

If the lady is in fact pregnant and you are the father, you will not be able to terminate your paternal rights to the child unless he or she is adopted.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So there is nothing legally I can do. Its not fair to a kid if I resent and hate him. Should talk to a lawyer here in ny

Well, no court can force you to have contact with him but you will be forced to support him financially if she requests child support. Until you are certain that the child is yours, you do not have to do anything. She has to request that paternity be established and until you are determined to be the child's father you are not obligated to do anything.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She says if I get papers drawn up relinquishing from all rights and finically duties she will sign them. Is there papers that I can look into starting just in case.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Do you want me to answer your previous question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I want to no if both parties agree if I can get legal papers written up that we both sign relinquishing me from parental and finical obligations. Also is there any place to check if she's a lawyer she tells me she is certified in New York state but I cant find her on any database.

Good evening. Even if the two of you agree that you are not financially responsible, the agreement is not ethical or legal.

With that being said, if your name is ***** ***** the birth certificate and paternity is not established, no court can come after you for financial support. Under the same logic, if she never applies for child support and she never seeks government assistance for the child, you will not be required to provide financial support.

Who are you trying to find on a database?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So if I don't put my name on the birth certificate and she never goes to court to make me. Its really not about the money I just want nothing to do with her, ever. I don't want to see her. She is a liar and cant stop lying about everything. This all happen when I told her to please leave me alone. I think its a act cause I have not seen receipts, and every doctors app I go to its wrong time or something comes up.

Her name is***** and apparently she works at Jones day in new York city.

Exactly. If you never put your name on the birth certificate and she never tries to establish paternity, then you will not have to worry about the court making you financially responsible for the child.

I could not locate her as an attorney at Jones Day. There is no Jamie Broderick at any of their offices. I did find a Facebook page for a "Jamie Broderick" in Seaford, NY.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I checked her out to and think she a pathological liar. Can u check like a New York state wide database because that her from seaford. and if she can lie about that all this time then I can belive she can lie about anything.

I checked the database for the state of New York and there is only one Broderick listed. He is deceased and his name was Joseph Michael Broderick. I did not see a listing for Jamie Michelle Broderick.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your time. I think this girl is just lyin because she pretty much been lyin about everything. Thank you for the advice you have been very helpful.

I am glad I could be of assistance to you. It sounds like she is quite the character. Please do not forget to rate my answer. I only get paid if I receive a positive rating from you. Good luck.
LadyLawyer12 and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions