She is 8. She initially agreed to a consent but relinquished and demanded full time primary custody with me having visitation every other weekend.
I have not filed for divorce. I wish for my wife to return.
1) I will not file. She would have to take that step and let that responsibility and decision lie with her. We were married in Colombia and not in the US.
2) I have had hourly consults for advice with local lawyers regarding a PFA and this custody matter.
3) She left the home in May 2013. I purchased the home before our marriage in Colombia. There are limited assetts beyond that.
4) She lives with a friend. She returned my daughter to me on Father's Day. She does not want to return to her Mother full time. Most of her childhood items have remained in my house or have been returned by her mother.
5) She says that she does not want to use lawyers.
1) Home is located in Delaware.
2) my average is about $120,000. She only has nominal Income. She has never held a job for more than 3 to 6 months.
3) About 12 Years
You can find an experienced local divorce / family law attorney by using this well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites:
I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Thank You. I just do not want my daughter jumping from place to place.
I wish you the best of luck.Please click on the "Excellent Service" feedback, so I can receive credit for my answer.Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, but are not required.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).