LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Family Law Attorney

Can a defendant sneak the plaintiffs private/separate documents

Can a defendant sneak the plaintiffs private/separate documents to her lawyer to aid in the preparation of interrogatories ?

LADY LAWYER : Hello, Thanks for choosing! I look forward to helping you today. Please give me a moment to review your question and to answer you.
LADY LAWYER : It depends on if these documents were obtained by legal or illegal means. Do you know?

they were taken out of my private files with out asking permission

what are legal means? Is it ethical for the defendant and lawyer to colaberate likk this

LADY LAWYER : No, the documents should not be admitted into evidence if they were stolen from your personal files. You need to make a motion to strike to introduction of these documents into evidence and tell the judge in your motion that the documents were stolen from you and were not obtained by legal means.
LADY LAWYER : Sorry, it seems like we keep missing each other. I am happy to answer any other questions you have about this or about the motion to strike. Please just leave them for me and I will keep checking back in and answer them as soon as possible. Thanks!