Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Lawyer
Experience:  I have 25 years experience as a Washington State Family Law Attorney.
34978818

Father of child lives about 1.25 hrs away. If visitation is

Father of child lives about 1.25 hrs away. If visitation is awarded for frequent 2-3 hour visists, do they happen in my home or will we have to meet in restaurant? I have seen where it is best to stay in custodial home for visits as infant but I don't know if that is really awarded in real world. I understand there is all kinds of visitation awarded, but what is the norm in breastfeeding newborns?
Given your facts, my experience is that the court will award the frequent visits you recite but will allow the father some time away from the mother during the visits, perhaps an hour or an hour and a half. If the mother has a history of being away from the newborn for 2 to 3 hours, due to work or other commitments, and supplements breast milk or pumps, then I would expect the father to be allowed the same duration visitation away from the mother. Also relevant is whether the father has a place to take the baby near the mother, a family members' or a friend's house, then maybe more likely to get a couple of hours of visitation away from the mother's house.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I currently laid off and with baby full time. Also he does not have anywhere to go as he has no family In state or friends.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am currently laid off and with baby full time. Also he does not have anywhere to go as he has no family In state or friends.

Given those facts, I would predict 2-3 hour visitations starting and ending at your place, no public place transfer, with the father getting and hour or so away from your house during the visits and at least 2, perhaps 3 visits a week.