Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

For FiveStarLaw- Will my employer be notified of my bankruptcy.

For FiveStarLaw- Will my employer be notified of my bankruptcy. You told me before that he cannot fire me if I file, are you sure?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Good morning,

Thank you for your new question.

Your employer would received notice of your bankruptcy. However, yes – I am positive that your sales job cannot be terminated because of your bankruptcy filing. 11 USC § 525 states as follows:
".... No private employer may terminate the employment of, or discriminate with respect to employment against, an individual who is or has been a debtor under this title, a debtor or bankrupt under the Bankruptcy Act, or an individual associated with such debtor or bankrupt, solely because such debtor or bankrupt..."

I would be glad to continue our conversation and respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.