Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

My ex wife and just went to court. My new wife and i trying

My ex wife and just went to court. My new wife and i trying to move about 20 minutes away. The kids need to change school and my ex is fighting this. She lied under oath about daycare. I took papers into co-parenting for us to discuss. It in the co-parenters notes that we went into her conference room and filled out the papers. Under oath my ex testified that i had already made all the decisions and filled out all the paperwork and made her agree. Again we agreed while working with the co-parenting person and did the paperwork in her conference room. There are a couple of other lies as well. Is this worth pursueing? How? We have had a lot of lies from her to deal with.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

If you can show the judge that she has a history of lying, that will hurt her credibility in the future. That means that it is usually worth presenting evidence in a given case that the other party has been untruthful. If a judge finds one lie by a person, he has the ability to choose to disbelieve everything else that the person says. So, yes, you can present your side of the story and so can your new wife if she was in the room.

If you're asking whether you can press criminal perjury charges, the unfortunate truth is that perjury is rarely prosecuted. A DA must show a false statement beyond a reasonable doubt to obtain a conviction and that is difficult when the judge believed the statement. There would usually have to be some additional evidence of falsehood than simply your word against hers - that's not enough for a conviction in criminal court.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.