Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

I have joint legal custody of my two children we all live in

I have joint legal custody of my two children we all live in N.C.. My x-wife wants to invite my sister and her family to visit my children at her residence. My sister has made damaging and outrageous claims against my mother and father and the entire family (uncles, sisters, brothers) have stopped relations with her and her family. I believe my sister is unstable and I do not want her around my children. Can I stop my x-wife from inviting my sister and her family to visit my kids?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

You can petition the court to modify the parenting plan to prevent your former spouse from allowing your sister and her family contact with your children.

Although typically a parent may determine who the children spend time with during the parents parenting time, the court can order otherwise if the court determines that such visitation would not be in the children's best interest. Therefore you would need to convince the court that it is in your children's best interests not to have contact with your sister and her family

I would be glad to continue our conversation and respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.