Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

I just moved to Pennsylvania about a month ago and need to

I just moved to Pennsylvania about a month ago and need to get a divorce from my spouse who deserted me 13 years ago, is there a way to get this done.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

If your husband currently lives in Maryland, you can file the case there - either by going back to the original attorney, hiring a new attorney, or filing the documents yourself. The case would be filed in the county where your husband lives. Your prior lawyer may choose whether or not to continue with the case.

To file for divorce in Pennsylvania, a person must have lived in the Commonwealth for at least six months. So, if you would like to file in PA, you unfortunately would have to wait. If there is Maryland property to be divided, or if you are seeking any type of support from your husband, a PA judge may not have jurisdiction to enter those orders.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.