Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

Temporary orders regarding child support was signed months

Temporary orders regarding child support was signed months ago. H recently lost his job & is collecting unemployment benefits. H wants to file motion to modify child support.
Q: How many days notice must movant give respondent of the modification hearing?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Rule 21 states that all motions must be served on the opposing party at least three days before the scheduled hearing date.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I heard some time ago that a motion to modify has a longer time period could you please double check,thanks.

Your local court could have a different rule. Which county are you in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bexar County

Here are the local rules for Bexar County.
http://gov.bexar.org/dc/Downloads/LocalRules_Part3.pdf

http://gov.bexar.org/dc/Downloads/LocalRules_Part2.pdf

The local rules clarify that the three day period does not include weekends or holidays. I do not see anything that requires additional time for service of a Motion to Modify a temporary order.