Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

father transferred house to son during marriage to avoid medicaid

father transferred house to son during marriage to avoid medicaid from getting it. marital property or separate?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Once the father transferred the property to his son, it ceased being marital or separate property, it became property of the son as the sole owner. If the father transferred the property only to the name of the son, then the son is the owner as separate property as it was an intended gift to the son alone.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.