Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight
delay between your follow ups and my replies.What is the law & my chances to seek and recieve child support?
You may seek and likely receive child support. Allow me to explain.
1) Child support orders are modifiable at any time the court deems it necessary. Ca Fam § 3651(a)
2) The courts will modify a child support order if you can show a "material change of circumstances." In re Marriage of Burgess, 13 Cal. 4th 25 - Cal: Supreme Court 1996
3) Because he has decreased his expenses, then this arguably qualifies. You may also wish to argue that your expenses
for the child have increased, unexpectedly, and be prepared to illustrate how so.
4) This is done via a special pleading requesting modification of child support. An attorney is recommended, but not required (but still, is strongly recommended).
5) May I recommend the CA Bar referral program - here
. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP.
Let me know if you need leads to pro bono / low cost attorneys in CA.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck.
Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY
button to keep chatting, or RATE
my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces
and then submit
, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct.
I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating