Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

Hello, My ex wife has vacated our home 4 months ago to live

My ex wife has vacated our home 4 months ago to live with another man, we still jointly own the home; but I am still living here until it sells. Her 24yo son still lives at the home with me as well. He has someone coming over that I object (a girlfriend) to being there, does my ex have the right to prevent me from keeping her from the home.

Thank you for your question, Jim. Please allow me to assist you.

Just to be clear, she left the home but she is still on title. If you currently reside there and she does not, you have the right to keep out whomever you wish since you are the one who is currently using the premises. The only way for her to 'overrule' you is to potentially grant that person a written lease to the premises, something that as part owner she could still do. But otherwise you can deny access since as the current occupant, you can deny the right for anyone to enter who is not an occupant or tenant herself.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help,

You are most welcome, and glad to help! If satisfied with my answer, please do not forget to positively rate my answers to you so that I may obtain credit for my work. Thank you!