Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

My wife and I are co-guardians for our twin disabled sons and

My wife and I are co-guardians for our twin disabled sons and my wife refuses to place me on the boys SSI account for contingent purposes in case she can't take care of their bills. She does this with all the boy's resources. What are my rights in this area?
Thank you for your question and for asking for me. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you are co-guardians and she is refusing to add you to the SSI account and SSI will not add you when you call upon providing them proof of your co-guardianship, then I am afraid you would have to file a motion in court against her for contempt of the co guardianship order and get the court to force her to add you to the account.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.