Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Because my wife is now the sole leaseholder, do I personally

Because my wife is now the sole leaseholder, do I personally have any further obligations with my landlord?
Thank you for your new question and for asking for me.

Yes, I am afraid that as long as you are still married, this is a marital debt. However, upon divorce you have no obligation at all to the landlord and if she does not pay her rent then that is between her and the landlord and the landlord cannot pursue you for payment as you never signed the lease contract.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.