Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

My wife and I have been renting the place we live in for almost

My wife and I have been renting the place we live in for almost 20 years. My wife filed for divorce in June and under false pretenses signed another lease in her name only. Can she have me evicted?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

No, if you have been in the marital property for 20 years, as you are her spouse even if she alone signed the lease, it is still the marital home. In order to have a party removed from the marital home, a spouse has to file a motion for temporary possession of the marital home and has to allege facts to show that the two of you can no longer remain under the same roof and that they are not able to obtain a place of their own.

So, in order to have you removed, she would need a court order to grant her possession of the marital home.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.