Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

Is the statement "this above all in the best

Is the statement "this above all in the best interests of the children" statutorily required in a parenting plan - Florida family law?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

No, it is not statutorily required and language in parenting plans varies by the number of attorneys who write them. However, some language to the effect that the parties to the parenting plan believe the agreement is in the best interests of the children should be in the agreement as that is the sole reason for any parenting plan or custody order of the court, the best interests of the children and they have nothing to do with the best interests of either of the parents as that is the legal standard the court bases any child custody/visitation decision on. The language you state is not statutory law in the FL Statutes, but it has become the rule in practice and most all attorneys include some statement to that effect in the plan.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.